Monday, March 29, 2010


Inundation

sitting in a bundle of my own making a loud thunder clap has me shaking, jumping up from bed at 1:30 am listening to the rain trickling again on a dark, moonless night covered by clouds

with throat on fire I am carried up stream into subconsciousness of bewilderment where I desire to swallow a cool, comfort to calm the burning of a yearning, that moves down chest

and swim with guarded wind who guides me gently onward, pushing me past limits never thought possible, of a damaged disposition recovering from the torment of existence

complete redemption may never be restored, but reparation comes in storms and rain and brightly budding trees; tears and joy and sounds that flood me, into other realms and dimensions

~Emily Loren Moss Ferrell
written 03/29/2010 3:01 am est

No comments:

Post a Comment