Thursday, March 11, 2010


Honey and Tea

exhausted by the flirtations with death and desolation
desperate to be reborn again surrounded by a purple hue
with green fire on the inside to keep me alive
and safe from ideas I cannot consciously understand
although I know them so well and they have become
collected petals of contradictions and impaling pain

exhausted by the flirtations with suffering and madness
desperate to be reborn again in a beautiful song
or perhaps within the whisperings of a captivation
that feeds me spoonfuls of honey and warm vanilla tea
and nurses my spirit safely back to the depths of a wonderland
where I roam most peaceful, playful and inquisitive

~Emily Loren Moss Ferrell

1 comment:

  1. We let the healing love in, loving ourselves, we are reborn Daughter - well done

    ReplyDelete