Thursday, March 4, 2010


Captivation

in solitude I sit watching the shimmering sunlight reflections on the ceiling
the clock ticks, I have been sitting for days, for hours, for weeks, for years
the reflection is like a majestic tree seen so many times on my daily walks

it never sheds it's leaves and in the heart of winter they turn a soft peach
and as I sit I'm waiting to see what it will become swinging on a spring afternoon
and as I sit I'm waiting to see what it will become shading on a summer morning

a tree that only sheds tears when new growth appears;
anxious for it's great flood so I may bathe in barefooted pools
and feel it's colors beneath my toes
what is this tree that permeates my very being
and transforms me measures beyond?

~Emily Loren Moss Ferrell

written 03/04/2010 10:35 am est
edited 03/04/2010 3:34 pm est

No comments:

Post a Comment